Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration day!

Monday, my first official day as a teacher of munchkins went well. After a day full of dancing, singing, playing, running around, feeding, rocking, diaper changing, disciplining the hair-puller, and speaking in two languages, I was completely and utterly exhausted, but happy.
Today I met my good friend in Leiden for lunch, and had a blast hearing about her first trip home to the states after moving here. I came home just in time to watch the Obama inauguration live on CNN. What a historic day to be alive! I couldn't help but whoop and holler a bit. (Should have saved some fireworks!) Max thought I had gone crazy. Have you ever heard the expression "sea of people"? That was all I could come up with to describe the vision on the television screen; the vast amount of people huddled together in the cold to witness the historic event. My favorite part was this amazing, moving camera shot of the face of a young teen, suddenly overcome with emotion at the conclusion of Obama's speech. It was absolutely perfect, and someone managed to capture it live!
Love from the Netherlands! Wish I was there to celebrate with you :o)
Until next time...
xoxo

No comments: