Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Spring in Holland

This spring has been incredibly busy! Working, spring cleaning, redoing the backyard, fighting to increase my immunity to these Dutch childrens' germs! I'm slowly finding my rhythm again, after uprooting myself last year. I've taken up knitting again, and have been reading some good books during my commute and my precious free time to keep my mind sharp. Trying to find a gym to join that isn't too ridiculously expensive. Of course I keep up with my favorite shows online, and I'm sad to say they have obviously all been influenced by the credit crisis (as evidenced by the fact that they are all killing off main characters left and right-- Yes this means you, Grey's Anatomy!).

This is a small sample of pictures that I want to share. I'll have to share more with you all in person when I come to visit in June-- for some reason I'm having trouble uploading them all correctly here.

Sassenheim


Ralph and his dad, discussing our impending win at the Queen's Day Puzzle Ride (we got 11th place)

Sassenheim bulb fields as viewed from the car

The family of ducks that live behind our street in the canal

Queen's Day in Amsterdam!




Huge flower parade in Sassenheim- All the floats were made of flowers!








Max meeting the new neighbor puppy, Ruby, for the first time


Bulb fields










Sunset at Noordwijk


Spring!


The beach

Some random windmills (they are everywhere)


Sunset at Noordwijk










Miss you all so much and absolutely can't wait for June!
Love from Holland!

1 comment:

Cristen said...

I love your blog Calla! I'm excited to have a new one to read:)