Tuesday, February 2, 2010

No Bullshit

Here is a job posting I came across today when job hunting on the internet in Dutch:

Ben je niet bang voor agressie? Zie jij acting-out gedrag ook als een uitdaging en ben je geinteresseerd in psychiatrie? Dan hebben wij de leukste banen voor je!

Translated into English this reads as:
Are you not afraid of aggression? Do you see acting-out behavior as a challenge and are you interested in psychiatry? Then we have the best job for you!

The post goes on to explain that you will be working on a very "heavy" unit with people who have severe mental problems and that aggression is commonplace. I don't know why but this made me collapse into laughter. I think because in America they would have presented the job in a slightly more sugar-coated manner. But that is the Dutch way. No bullshit!

1 comment:

Breigh said...

haha yeah they definitely don't pussyfoot around things, that's for sure.

Can't say I'd be applying for THAT job anytime soon :P