Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Another Dutch celebrity sighting


The Dutch have no paparazzi, and Dutch culture dictates that you don't give special attention to celebrities. However as an American raised in celebrity-crazed culture, I find it hard not to stare when sharing close space with someone from television. Last week when heading to the bagel cafe with a friend for our monthly bagel lunch (you can't buy bagels in the grocery store here and I get withdrawls), we walked right past the winner of Popstars, the Dutch version of American Idol. He was just walking down the street, holding his girlfriend's hand like a normal person. He caught me staring and I got a head tilt and smile, but I restrained from making an American fool of myself. Here's a video of him on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUn8dj5xDyo.

3 comments:

Breigh said...

Oh he is good! I never watch Dutch TV but maybe I will watch this popstars thing if it's on again. I think it may have been his wife you saw him with, it looked like he was wearing a wedding band in that video!

Calla said...

You must be right! Wife, it is!

BlondebutBright said...

Thanks for the comment! I went to high school in Rochester and my parents still live there, so I'm a regular visitor. Small world! Where are you living now?